Analyze the data to develop an evidence based conclusion.
SCIENCE RESEARCH PROJECT – How does initial temperature affect the time taken for water to freeze
Need to carry out a scientific investigation and prepare a scientific report including all the information as given in the checklist. TOPIC: How does initial temperature affect the time taken for water to freeze
• Complete the Planning Sheet (attached as word doc “Planning Sheet”)
• Complete the Logbook (attached as word doc “LOG BOOK Template”)
• Prepare a SCIENTIFIC REPORT as per the checklist provided. Report must include tables and graphs showing the investigation results. Data must be analyzed, with calculated averages and Standard Deviation values. Graphs should include units, labels, headings, correct axes, correct axes, scale, key, Line of Best Fit (LOBF)
• Detailed project description with requirements and CHECKLIST are given in word document titled “Y10 Depth Study Student Research Project Booklet”. Research should include all sections as outlined in this Student Research Project Booklet, so please refer the CHECKLIST and cover each given point for the task otherwise marks won’t be given.
• Suggest a hypothesis for the identified problem based on research findings.
• Identify the independent, dependent and constant variables.
• State the aim of your experiment and list the equipment you need.
• Design and complete an experiment(s) to investigate your hypothesis.
• You may collect experimental results using a range of different technologies e.g. a video camera, a pH meter, a stopwatch, a thermometer etc. If you are uncertain about how to measure something, ask your teacher.
• Evaluate your experimental procedure and change it if necessary.
• Analyze the data to develop an evidence based conclusion.
• Indicate any problems you experienced, improvements that could be made, failures and probable causes for these failures.
• You must provide Valid and Reliable reference sources for the information used in the task, presented in a Bibliography (at least 5 different sources) using APA or Harvard styles. At least one reference must be cited in the report text.
• Refer to the Marking Guide to understand how to earn marks. So again, please read the CHECKLIchoST and do not miss any point.