Describe some variables that contribute to prejudice in children.
- Read Chapter 10-Youth Culture
- Watch the two videos below:
Watch Video Sexting at school
User: n/a – Added:4/8/13
Watch Video Inside Chicago’s Gang War | Hidden America ‘Don’t Shoot: I Want to Grow Up’ PART 1/3
User: n/a – Added: 10/20/12
- Define: (2pts)
- At-risk youth
- High-risk youth
- Answer (Total 16 pts)- Be critical
- Explain why child abuse is a problem and cite the signs of child abuse.
- When does ethnic identification begin in children, and how is it manifested?
- Describe some variables that contribute to prejudice in children.
- What are the variables that contribute to childhood obesity, why it is a problem, and what can the school do to address the problem?
- What are the sources of alienation between adolescents and their families?
- What is the extent of substance abuse among adolescents, and what are some underlying causes of substance use in this age group?
- What are the causes of adolescent suicide, and what are the warning signs?
- How does Generation Y differ from Generation Z?
- Choose one of the questions from two of your colleagues and provide an opinion (50 words). Total 4 pts, 2 pts per colleague.
- Submit your discussion WP#12