Describe what Dr. Takaki means by “A Different Mirror” (Ch. 1).
Continuing the Conversation
You have a voice; what’s your say?
Guidance: Select course concepts (2+) introduced in this unit to answer two (2) or more of the below question(s) or prompts according Professor Fuentes’ lecture materials. You can also incorporate your own personal experiences or recent events, but there has to be a clear connection to concepts and case studies.*
- What is Ethnic Studies and why does it matter?
- Analyze the role and impact behind “banking” and why it matters.
- Discuss the Problem-Posing model in the context of education.
- Describe what Dr. Takaki means by “A Different Mirror” (Ch. 1).
- Analyze the term “ethnicity” as described by Omi and Winant (Ch. 1).
- Add your own link to an IG post, tweet, or Tik Tok and explain how it is an example of Ethnic Studies, “banking,” or problem-posing; OR Write your own question and incorporate course concepts to explain the importance behind your question (and the value of the potential answer).