Discuss how this lawsuit and the compliance issue relate to diversity and inclusion within a larger social context.
Summative Assessment: EEOC Case Summary and Paper [due Mon]
- Effectively managing a team in ways that support diversity and inclusion in the workplace is a critical skill. In the Wk 2 – Summative Assessment: SOAR Diversity Analysis Presentation, you completed a SOAR diversity analysis to demonstrate how individual awareness impacts organizational culture and communication relating to diversity and inclusion. Building upon this knowledge, your focus this week is on making a larger-scale impact as a leader within an organization by identifying strategies to ensure compliance associated with diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This assignment will allow you to demonstrate how effectively you can identify strategies to ensure compliance with U.S. laws and policies associated with diversity in the workplace.Imagine that you have been asked to lead a focus group as a part of your organization’s commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. As a manager, you will work with your team to generate ideas and approaches supporting diversity and inclusivity. To increase awareness, your first task is to research and share about an EEOC lawsuit.
Explore the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) website to learn more about this federal agency. Click the About EEOC tab and select Newsroom from the menu. Select a press release published within the last 6 months about an employee lawsuit against their employer.Search the internet to find at least 1 news item about this lawsuit, preferably from a news source in the state in which the incident occurred. Write an 800- to 1,000-word paper in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe the lawsuit. Be sure to identify the compliance issue that led to the lawsuit and note the protected class or classes that were affected.
- Explain the EEOC’s role in this lawsuit.
- Research the company’s website to ascertain if there is a mission or value statement on diversity and inclusion. If so, comment on how the incident prompting the lawsuit aligns with the company’s stance on diversity and inclusion. If not, provide recommendations for at least 2 general strategies you would want them to include in a mission or value statement on diversity and inclusion.
- Provide recommendations to the employer about at least 2 specific strategies or policies they could apply to ensure compliance with the issue related to the lawsuit and how those strategies could be implemented within the organization.
- Discuss how this lawsuit and the compliance issue relate to diversity and inclusion within a larger social context.
- Provide an introduction and conclusion for your paper and use professional tone and language.