Discuss your understanding, based on our required content, of attribution theory, including the origins and major premises.
PSY331: Attribution Theory and Performance: It Was Their Fault—Or Was It?
To successfully write this journal,
- Discuss your understanding, based on our required content, of attribution theory, including the origins and major premises.
- Describe stability and controllability and how they affect performance attributions. Include why these matter in the context of learning.
- Identify a time where you feel you have failed and blamed someone or something else when it was not actually, in hindsight, their fault (e.g., the teacher, the friend, a loved one). (Failure could be academic, relational, and/or organizational—loss of a job.)
- Elaborate on how blaming the external source(s) preserved your self-image and your self-efficacy?
- Based on your new understanding of how to identify your own responsibility in the learning or behavioral process, explain whether you might handle failure, in general, differently now. If so how? If not, why not?
Your journal this week should be 400 to 500 words, limit quoted material, and have an introduction and a conclusion