Measurements. Discuss the importance of measuring the effectiveness of the selection process. List 3 metrics you apply to measure the effectiveness of your employee selection process.
Complete the following in your own words. It will be run thru a plagiarism checker. Thanks.
Scenario: Imagine that you are a consultant hired to build an employee selection process for an organization. Prepare a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft PowerPoint to develop management training for selecting employees to build a high-performance organization with the right people to perform their jobs while working effectively with others.
Speaker’s Notes are not necessary. Provide sufficient information on the slides to communicate full ideas concisely so the presentation can stand alone as a self-guided tutorial for managers. Avoid excessive narration on the slides. Focus on content and substance supported by research.
Include the following in your training presentation:
- Introduction. Start with a hook, establish a theme, state objectives, and explain the approach.
- Recruiting Process Summary: Summarize how you will use strategic workforce planning to conduct recruiting efforts. Show the stages of your recruiting process. Explain how you will generate a pool of candidates, evaluate their fit, and advance candidates with a fair process that supports diversity.
- Selection tools. With an emphasis on selection methods that predict job performance, select 3 selection methods you will apply in your program. Explain how you will measure the effectiveness of your methods. List potential risks of using predictive models to screen employees.
- Interview processes. Define structured and unstructured interviews. Explain the pros and cons of each. Make recommendations on whether you will use structured or unstructured interviews or combine the approaches. Justify your recommendation with research.
- Succession planning. Define succession planning and explain the importance of succession planning for the organization. Propose a research-based approach to succession planning.
- Leadership selection. Explain the purpose of your leadership selection process. List the criteria for screening candidates for leadership criteria. Considering tools that may predict leadership success, propose an approach to select new leaders. List the risks of relying on predictive models for selecting leaders. Explain how you would mitigate those risks.
- Decision making. Define traditional, validity, decision theory, and utility analysis. Propose how shifting your organization to a systems approach that applies utility analysis will help managers make better hiring decisions.
- Measurements. Discuss the importance of measuring the effectiveness of the selection process. List 3 metrics you apply to measure the effectiveness of your employee selection process.
- Conclusion. Summarize key points such as the closing argument in a legal case, leaving the audience with a final thought or challenge.
- References. Support your recommendations with research from at least 2 peer-reviewed sources, including the course text and library readings.
Include at least 3 credible sources. The course readings and resources should be primary sources. Supplement the course readings with library resources.