Reflect on your experience throughout the MBA program, then answer the following questions: What approach, attitude or accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
MBA770 – ME AS CHANGE LEADER – Looking back and forward.
The objective of this paper is to reflect on your learning and growth throughout the MBA program and to enhance your self-concept as a change leader.
The eight MBA Core Competencies mentioned below can be found in Blackboard on the left side of your screen. You will see a link – “MBA Program Competency Map”. Click on that. Then click on each of the competencies in the diagram for a definition of each.
Program Reflections (1 – 1.5 page)
Reflect on your experience throughout the MBA program, then answer the following questions:
- What approach, attitude or accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
- What was most challenging for you throughout the program and why? What did you do to mitigate or manage that?
- Looking at the eight MBA Core Competencies how do you evaluate your growth in these areas?
How will you continue to strengthen those competencies in which you excel? How will you address those competencies where you still need more work?
At the end of your career (0.5 – 1 page)
Imagine a reporter is writing an article about you at the end of your career, what would you like them to write about you?
- What would be the headline for the article?
- What did you accomplish? What business did you create? In what did you contribute to the organization or industry?
- In what way did you contribute to a sustainable (business) environment?
- What kind of leader were you? What characteristics do you want to be known for?
- In what way did you contribute to a climate of inclusivity?
Write a 2-3 paragraph article, including a headline, as if you were that reporter.
Five years from now (0.5 -1 page)
Looking at the next five years….
- What are your career goals for the next five years, that will support your 25+ years career vision described in the newspaper article above?
- Where do you need and want to grow in order to realize these goals?
- And how are you going to do that?