Test each hypothesis using simple linear regression. Is there a significant relationship between the independent variable and the dependent variable for each hypothesis? Explain.
CCSU scholars investigated whether the attributes of customer service quality and mobile app design quality predict mobile shoppers’ Trust, Repurchase Intention, or Recommendation Intention. From 286 mobile consumers they recorded demographic characteristics that were described in Deliverable 1.
They also measured the mobile shopping quality dimensions and customer attitudes as reported by the mobile shoppers:
(1) Reliability: Items Q18, Q19, Q20
(2) Responsiveness: Items Q21, Q22, Q23
(3) Assurance: Items Q24, Q25, Q26
(4) Personalization: Items Q27, Q28, Q29
(5) Content quality: Items Q30, Q31, Q32
(6) Ease of use: Items Q33, Q34, Q35
(7) Aesthetics: Items Q36, Q37, Q38
(8) Risks: Items Q39, Q40, Q41, Q42, Q43, Q44
(9) Trust: Items Q45, Q46, Q47, Q48, Q49
(10) Repurchase intention: Items Q62, Q63, Q64, Q65
(11) Recommendation intention: Items Q66, Q67, Q68
The items were measured by the 5-point Likert Scale: 1=strongly disagree, 3=neutral, 5=strongly agree. Past research indicated that the quality dimensions (1)-(8) were good predictors for mobile shoppers’ attitudes (9)-(11).
Analyze the data with a multiple regression model. You are needed to:
1. Pick one dependent variable from (9)-(11) (i.e., Trust, Repurchase intention, Recommendation intention).
2. Pick four independent variables from (1)-(8) (i.e., Reliability, Responsiveness, Assurance, Personalization, Content quality, Ease of use, Aesthetics, Risks).
3. Form four hypotheses between the independent variables and the dependent variable.
4. Test each hypothesis using simple linear regression. Is there a significant relationship between the independent variable and the dependent variable for each hypothesis? Explain.
5. Conduct a hierarchical linear regression analysis. Copy and paste your results below. For example, if you choose Trust (9) as the dependent variable and Reliability (1), Responsiveness (2), Assurance (3), and Personalization (4) as the four predictors. You can conduct the hierarchical linear model in three steps:
I. Enter Trust (9) and Reliability (1);
II. Add variable Responsiveness (2);
III. Add variable Assurance (3);
IV. Add variable Personalization (4).
6. Which of the four models (I, II, III, and IV) best explains the dependent variable? Explain.