Using Microsoft Word, provide a summary of what is going on in your article (do not rewrite the article, just provide highlights of the main idea in the article. Do
WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE STARTING
VIDEO LINK : https://youtu.be/Ow1Z3kHoNsY
Current Events Project: Research any social, governmental, or political event that has occurred within 2023. You may find an event that has happened within any of these governments- federal, local or state within the
You may not write about news outside of the U.S. You may not complete a current event on the following topics:
- Anything related to COVID-19
- Monkey Pox
- NRA or anything related to guns
- BlackLives Matter/Back The Blue
- DACA, Immigration or anything related to immigration
While these are all great subjects to discuss, you should think beyond these subjects and uncover a new topic.
Instructions on how to complete the Current Event:
- Using Microsoft Word, provide a summary of what is going on in your article (do not rewrite the article, just provide highlights of the main idea in the article. Do not use Google Drive, Box, Microsoft Edge to complete this assignment. I will only accept Word documents.
- Use reputable news sources such as mainstream news platforms like CNN, ABC, MSNBC, Texas Tribune etc.
- Do not use Wikipedia or any social media platforms.
- Connect something we have learned in class, lecture or that you have read in your text with the article.
- Detail your thoughts feelings and concerns with the source.
- You do not need annotate or have a word count. Simply, answer all the questions asked with full and complete sentences.
- Copy and paste your article link at the end of your article. Failure to copy and paste the article link is an automatic zero on the assignment.