What are the first officer responsibilities when responding to a crime?
Revel Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science, 9e “ADJ 236”
This paper must be 3 typed pages in length, double-spaced with one – inch margins.
Use the link or Zoom recording: Crime 360 – The Shooting Party (season 2 episode 3 – 44:58 minutes)
Answering the following questions based on information from the textbook “Revel Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science, 9e” and the video:
- Summarize what happened in the case? The who, why, what, when and how.
- What are the first officer responsibilities when responding to a crime?
- What actions should be taken to secure a crime scene?
- In a death investigation, what might officers encounter during a preliminary death investigation?
- What physical evidence is found by the police?
- What was discovered at the autopsy?
- Because one of the victims had a gun when he died, what is a possible legal defense the suspect(s) might use?
- What evidence did the detectives discover to make arrests?
- According to the lead detective – how many suspects were charged with this case and what were the charges?
- What is the lucky buckeye?