What type of relationship does the infant have with the caregiver (secure, anxious-ambivalent, or anxious-avoidant)? How do you know?
The purpose of this observation is for you to be able to observe, identify and document developmental milestones. The focus for this observation is attachment.
For this observation, you will be observing one infant 8 months old or younger. In this observation, you will be observing for the interactions between the caregiver and the infant.
- Take your observation either using the video below or if you know an infant 8 months old or younger.
- Write a one-page paper answering the following questions.
- What type of relationship does the infant have with the caregiver (secure, anxious-ambivalent, or anxious-avoidant)? How do you know?
- In what ways does the baby communicate with the caregiver? provide specific examples.
- Does the caregiver respond to the infant? If yes, how to they respond? If no, what do they do instead?
- use citations from the chapters to support your observations. Don’t forget to cite using APA format.
- Submit to Canvas.
- If you take information from the chapters, you must cite our online textbook.
- Here is a website to help you with your citations. PurdueOWL
view the video below to use for this observation if you are not able to observe an infant.