What was the reaction of people who were punished? I.e., in the round following a punishment did people increase or decrease their contribution?
Write a report that answers the questions below. You will be judged on how well you present your arguments and the strategy you use to answer the questions.
1) In the experiment there were two groups of 5. Was there learning over the 10 rounds of the experiment?
2) Were the contributions higher in the treatment with punishment as compared to those without punishment in the first and last five rounds (I.e., compare rounds 1-10 with and without punishment and then rounds 11-20 with and without punishment)?
3) Were people who contributed less than the mean of the group in any round punished more than those who contributed more than the mean? In other words, was there a norm for contributions (the mean) which was such that if you contributed less you were punished?
4) What was the reaction of people who were punished? I.e., in the round following a punishment did people increase or decrease their contribution?
5) Classify people into two groups: Punishers and non-punishers. (Use your own classification. ) Were the payoffs of those who you classified as punishers greater or smaller than those who were not classified that way taking into account their cost of punishment?